TagsAAHA Allergies Animal Shelter Anniversary AVMA Bee Sting Cat Friendly Practice Cats CatVets Contest Costume Dental dental cleaning dental health dental month dog training Ear infection Events Fireworks Halloween Healthy Heartworm Heat Stroke Hyperthermia Infection kong Online Pharmacies Parasites Party Pet Food Pet Safety Rabies Vaccination Remodel Responsible Pet Ownership RVT September surgery Tech Thyroid Ticks VCAS Ventura County Animal Services Vet Tech Wheel of Paw-some Wisdom Panel
Tuesday, October 19 2010 Yesterday we had a Jack Russell terrier come in with a suddenly swollen leg and vomiting. It had been around bees, and sure enough we found and removed a bee stinger from its leg. We gave drugs to reverse the allergic reaction, and the pet did great. Bee stings can cause severe allergic reactions, even fatal ones, in some pets. If you suspect one, bring in your pet ASAP!